How to Import National Geographic TOPO! Files into Trip Planner
Although there is no way to import National Geographic Topo files into Trimble Outdoors, we recommend you use GPSBabel, a free third-party software to convert your files to the standard GPS format (.GPX). Once converted, you can quickly import .GPX files into Trip Planner then sync GPS info to your mobile devices.
Note: National Geographic Topo uses two file formats: .TPO and .TPG. The .TPO files contain tracks. The .TPG files hold only waypoints.
Here's how to convert the files:
• Download GPSBabel. Follow install instructions on your computer.
• Launch GPSBabel software on computer.
• Under Input area, select National Geographic Topo. Pick the version and type (.TPO vs. .TPG) of file you want to convert.
• Select Files Name(s) and find the file on your computer.
• Under Output area, select GPX XML as the Format.
• Click File Name to select where to save the new .GPX file.
• Hit OK. Your file will be converted into .GPX format.
• Import GPX file into Trip Planner, our web-based map editor tool. Learn how at: How to Upload a GPS (.GPX) File