How to Drop a Waypoint Anywhere on the Map
Scenario: You are deep into the backcountry. You don’t want to miss a critical location located a few miles ahead. Maybe this important location is a trail junction, a spring to fill your water bottles, or a safe creek crossing. No problem. Consult the maps in the app to find the critical location then drop a waypoint right on the map. Here’s how:
• Launch the Trimble Outdoors app.
• From the Main Menu, Select Maps icon.
• On the Maps screen, zoom and pan to the location you want. Press and hold your finger on the location where you want to place a waypoint.
• The app will prompt you to start a New Trip. Select Start. (Android Users: Select “Mark point here.” Then select Ok to create a New Trip.)
• Select the Waypoint option.
• On the Waypoint screen, you can name the waypoint (Trail) and add a description (Turn right). Once done, hit Save.
• The waypoint is now placed on the Map screen.
Tip: Orient yourself. Zoom out on the Map screen to see your GPS location (blue dot) compared to the waypoint you marked.
Tip: Use the GoTo button on the Map screen for extra extra navigation features to help guide you to that important waypoint.